Websites are good for business – everyone knows that! But have you ever stopped to ask yourself – what are the ways that a website can help my business? If not, you are in luck – we have listed some of them below.
- Interact and communicate with your customers regularly -- People will keep you in mind if you keep in touch. It’s much easier to sell to customers who already know and trust you, so keep in touch and stay top of their mind. Regular email newsletters and updates to your website will help you better communicate with your customers. Additionally you should spend time setting up your online profiles on networks you belong to (eg Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+) – these are a low cost way to get more of YOU online!
- Always available -- Your web site is open 24/7 so your customers can interact with your business when it’s convenient for them. Everyone is on a tight schedule these days. They may really appreciate the convenience of finding what they need without having to stop, call, and ask -- filling in a form, signing up for a newsletter, reading your blog, getting a quick quote, booking online, downloading your e-book, or reading your case studies, all in their OWN time!
- Share your expertise -- It’s not enough to provide just information about your products and services. Your expert advice may give you the edge over the competition and potentially even make the sale. Think of your website as an employee, presenting your customers with help and knowledge about your company’s area of expertise.
- Increase your customer reach -- There is no other way that provides the geographic reach of a website, and internet usage continues increase year after year. If you don’t have a well placed website someone else will get your business. Your website puts your business out there to be found by anyone anywhere who is already looking for what you offer.
- Strengthen your credibility -- A well designed website will add credibility to your business and strengthen your brand. On the other side of that, a poorly designed or outdated website may portray your business as amateur or disorganised. By providing customers with information in an organised and well-presented manner, you can show customers you anticipate their needs and set an excellent impression for all transactions to follow.
- Save on marketing spend -- With website content, you incur no printing, shipping, or postage expenses, and updates are quick and easy. It can be tailored to suit the size of your business and your budget.